Sunday, April 26, 2009

Tomodachi - Melbourne Central, Melbourne


So ends my brief affair with Tomocachi due to horrendous service.

Quite sad really. I was a good, and most often, returning customer.

The story went something like this; one lunch time I casually strolled into the venue and was greeted, like previous times with a waitress and given a booth. No dissatisfaction thus far.

The waitress popped down the drinks menu and the LUNCH TIME menu next to me. I already knew what I was going to order so I scanned the menu and called the waitress over to order a Chicken Teriyaki bento box. Again, no issues so far.

Meal comes and looks slightly different to the usual lunch time bento, without putting much thought into it, and just assuming that they've changed their menus, I quite happily finished most of the my meal. Contented so far.

Then I go to pay. And this was the part that unstitched my entire association with Tomodachi. Cutting a long story short - the waitress had put the bento in as a normal bento rather than a lunch time bento. "If you told us earlier that this wasn't your meal then we could've changed it for you" - Hello? How was I meant to know it wasn't the right bento? "Well if you've only eaten half of your meal we could also change it for you" - Again, who orders their meals and only eats half so they could change their order to the one they originally ordered? Confusing I know, but nevertheless. "Well you should've specified that you wanted the LUNCH bento" - IT WAS THE LUNCH MENU THE WAITRESS GAVE ME!

Outcome: paid full amount as I was running late for meeting, but have, am, and will always recommend anyone I talk to against visiting the restaurant. Quite a pity really - the food wasn't bad, and for a mere $12 they're going to lose one valuable return customer, and the whole bunch of people that I'm going to turn away.

Food for though maybe?


Food: 7/10
Coffee: N/A
Service: 0/10
Value: 0/10
Ambiance: 6/10

Overall: 13/40 - 16.25/50
Encore: This one's on the black list with Golden Monkey...

1 comment:

  1. Good Post! Thank you so much for sharing this post. Your views truly open my mind.Melbourne Best Restaurant

    ReplyDelete